Start your September by flying your seaplane to Lovere, Italy for the Memorial Mario Stoppani Seaplane Meetup on September 2-3, 2017.
In preparation for the upcoming fly-in event Aerei sul Lugo in Lovere, Italy, Riccardo Stoppani took the time to translate and share with us a little more about the event, and a detailed program of exactly what you can expect to find should you make your way to Lake Iseo in September.
Last year pilots came from Italy, Swizerland, and a small group of seaplanes from Savannah. We are expecting friends from Germany this year with general aviation planes.
The program of Aerei sul Lago 2017 in detail:
- Meeting “Aviation and tourism hospitality” – (Room consiliare of Villa Milesi , Lovere)
- Presentation of the comics book titled “The Record of Francesco Agello” – Special edition XV Memorial Mario Stoppani – preview
- During the weekend a static exhibition of a military aircraft F-104 Starfighter will be available close to the Lucchini RS company, via G. Paglia 45, Lovere
- – Square XIII
- – Concert of philharmonic regional group
- – Director Silvio Maggioni
- 8.00 Meeting point seaplanes and other aircraft at airfield Costa Volpino
- 9.30 Meeting point in Piazzale Marconi
- 10.00 Starting commemorative group, music performed by 1st aerial group Milano
- 10.15 Arrival on Piazzale Marinai d’Italia, official speaks with authorities. Low pass of seaplanes, Blue Circe acrobatic team and helicopter Elimast with Italian flag.
- 11.00 Competitive circuit on the lake between speed boat and seaplane.
- 11.30 Exercise and simulation of two rescue groups – national Protezione Civile and regional group.
- Lunch break
- 14.30 Frecce Tricolori acrobatic team low pass with smokes.
- – Low pass of pilots visiting
- – Graziano Mazzolari – Superbingo seaplane display
- – Blu Circe – acrobatic team with 4 planes FL100RG
- – Mauro di Biaggio – Bi-plane Pitts Specials aerobatics
- – P3 Flyers – Swiss aerobatic team with 5 planes Pilatus P3
- – Guido Raccioppoli – aerobatics on Zlin 50
- – Group of 5 Seamax seaplanes , leader Gustavo Saurin
- – Mario Stoppani , “100 airplanes and a big hearth”
- – Italian Airforce and Frecce Tricolori aerobatics team
- – Seaplanes “history and future”
Entrance via Tadini 40, Accademia belle arti Tadini