Wanted: Seaplanemagazine.com Guest Editor
Do you enjoy writing about Seaplane training or Waterflying in general? Join us as Guest Editor! As our Guest Editor, you would write seaplane and general aviation specific content or opinion pieces for Seaplanemagazine.com, from quick tips to in-depth educational or informational articles. A professional and positive attitude is a must.
Seaplanemagazine.com is focused on developing a strong library of seaplane and general aviation related news and magazine style articles. Based on proprietary research, contact to industry experts and our own timely reporting of industry news and trends, we seek to inform our readers while promoting Waterflying. As a member of the content team, the Guest Editor will play a key role in developing strong relationships with the audience and expanding the sites news and information reach. This can be a weekly “blog” or regular articles. We experience limited support from our industry players, until we do, or build up our subscriber base during 2019, we can’t pay for guest editorials.
The Ideal Candidate
- Identifies industry trends and monitors topics that are relevant to the target audience
- Brainstorms and pitches story/ article ideas
- Creates compelling articles and finds new approaches to connect with the target audience
- Writes with engaging, clear and concise style and class
- Helps to build a social media following and solicits feedback from the audience
- Properly sources and credits the work of others
- Is willing to commit to one article per week or one every month (initially)
- Is preferably a Certificated Flight Instructor with seaplane training experience
- Has a very positive and upbeat attitude about seaplane flying and general aviation
Please Note: This is not a paid staff writer position.
Seaplanemagazine.com is a new publishing startup which seeks to provide interesting and meaningful seaplane and general aviation related content to its audience. There is no “paid content” – our readers are not paid subscribers. Our articles are shared on Facebook and other social media outlets.
How To Get Started
Interested writers may contact [email protected] indicating “Guest Editor” in the subject line. Any example of your writing (link to articles published elsewhere, blogs, websites) would be helpful. If you are not ready to commit to any specific number of articles per week, feel free to send an Opinion/ Guest Editorial or refer someone you know, instead.